Do you know how to cook all the meals you do now off grid without any power or propane? Today I share ways to cook and bake all of your meals outdoors. Dutch oven cooking is the perfect way for being prepared, frugal, keeping a cool house during the hot months, survival, self-reliance, camping, and just plain good-old-having fun!
I post new episodes every other Friday morning. You can subscribe via RSS and receive every episode for free.
Or subscribe via Itunes
In today's episode we'll discuss:
- Why you need a spider Dutch Oven and step by step Dutch oven cooking instructions
- Seasoning cast iron-including ways to do this off grid
- My number one preparedness priority
- How to cook with an open fire
- How to use a Dutch oven as a slow cooker or oven
- Keeping your Dutch oven clean when water is scarce
- Tips for poor weather cooking
- Tools and tips for using with your Dutch oven
- Tips for lowering and increasing the temperature
How to cook with a Dutch Oven outdoors with an open fire -picture tutorial and blog post!
Dutch oven recipes: