Growing your own food is beneficial to your health, preparedness, survival, and frugality. These tips will help you grow your own food, regardless if you're a first time gardener or a life timer grower.
I post new episodes every other Friday morning. You can subscribe via RSS and receive every episode for free.
Or subscribe via Itunes
In this episode we'll discuss:
- Why you need to know your last frost date
- How to grow and plant potatoes
- Why and how to find your soil type
- Easy way to tell your soil type without a test
- Direct sow methods
- Which plants like acidic soil and which don't
- How to amend your soil
- Composting options-including how to get it for free
- Tips for not being overwhelmed
- Natural predator tips
- Container plant options
10 Easy Steps to Grow Your Own Food (including links for last frost date, home soil test with baking soda and vinegar, and heirloom seed companies we trust) We're an affiliate for Seeds for Generations and love that this dad started his seed company to teach his children about growing your own food.