Raising backyard chickens provides you with your own fresh eggs and helps with your preparedness and self-reliance.
I post new episodes every other Friday morning. You can subscribe via RSS and receive every episode for free.
Or subscribe via Itunes
In this episode we'll discuss the pros and cons of starting your flock from chicks or laying hens.
- Where to get chicks
- How to care for chicks
- Ways to find laying hens
- To free range or not?
- Chicken tractors
- How to protect your free range chickens
- Pros and cons of free range chickens
- What to expect from free range chickens
- Cost of feed and GMO-free options
- How to train your chickens
- Egg care, washing, storage, and preserving
- How to test if an egg is good or bad
Here's a picture of our chicken tractor and coop
This post is featured on The Prairie Homestead.