Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you, if you click through and make a purchase. Regardless, I only link to products we use on our homestead or believe in.
What is that you ask? I’m so glad you did, because this has been on my mind for several days now.
The most important survival tool is our faith in Christ Jesus. I’m guessing you already knew that. But if you’re like me, sometimes, you need those little nudge moments.
Here’s 11 reasons why your faith is your most important survival tool.
1. Life everlasting. Yep, when you have faith that Jesus is the Savior, you become immortal. I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. NIV John 6:47
2. Peace. Your faith brings you peace. In some of my most trying life experiences (when my daughter was diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder) I was gifted with supernatural peace. I feel the Lord the most strongly during times of trial. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. NIV 2 Thessalonians 2:16
3. A Father. No matter what your circumstances, you have a father who can never leave you. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in Holy dwelling. NIV Psalm 68:5
4. A Family. You have brothers and sisters in Christ. You’re not in this alone.
5. An inheritance. Your faith has created an inheritance that can never perish or be lost. And into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade- kept in heaven for you. NIV 1 Peter 1:4
6. A Redeemer. No matter what mistakes you’ve made, in Jesus you serve a God of redemption. Pay attention to the world all, it includes everyone who believes in Him. He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves: but he entered the Most holy Place once for all (for you) by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. NIV Hebrews 9:12
7. Forgiveness. All of our sins are forgiven. Wiped clean as snow.
8. Hope. You have beautiful hope in a world that is sorely lacking any. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. NIV Hebrews 10:23
9. Friendship. Did you know God doesn’t want to be just something big up in the sky, but a friend whom you share the deepest secrets of your heart with? But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. NIV Proverbs 18:24
10. A Defender. God has your back. For their Defender is strong; he will take up their case against you. NIV Proverbs 23:11
11. Joy. Serving the Lord is filled with joy. Joy is something not made by your circumstances, because following Jesus doesn’t mean our lives will be perfect, but it does mean you will always have reason to experience joy. You believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy NIV 1 Peter 1:8
There are more than 11 parts to your faith, but these are the ones that stand out the most to me.
What’s one of the most important aspects of faith to you?
Melissa K. Norris inspires people's faith and pioneer roots with her books, podcast, and blog. Melissa lives with her husband and two children in their own little house in the big woods in the foothills of the North Cascade Mountains. When she's not wrangling chickens and cattle, you can find her stuffing Mason jars with homegrown food and playing with flour and sugar in the kitchen.