Chicken Artichoke Heart Casserole and The Irresistible Table
Servings: 8 to 10
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts drained (I used marinated-Melissa)
- 1/3 cup butter I will use less-Mary
- 1/3 cup flour I will use less, more like 1/4 cup-Mary
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. green onions
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs
Sauté chicken breasts in a little olive oil until done. Cut into large chunks. Layer chicken and artichokes in a 9×13 pan. Melt butter in medium sauce pan, add flour to create a roux.
Add chicken broth and stir until thickened and combined. Add wine and cheddar and onions over low heat. Stir until melted. Pour sauce over casserole.
Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan and sprinkle over casserole. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with rice or pasta.