There's never been a better time to grow an abundance of healthy food in your backyard. In this full day workshop, you'll join Melissa and guest teacher for a full day of jam-packed learning.
You'll discover and learn:
- Customized growth plan for your fruit, vegetable, and herbal production on your homestead.
- A personalized plan to grow a year's worth of food based on your family's eating habits and climate.
- How to analyze your property and yard for the best placements of your crops to get the maximum harvest, based on harnessing the four major microclimates almost every backyard has.
- How to grow a garden that will feed your family for a full year, without a greenhouse, even in the shorter northern growing climate of the Pacific Northwest.
- Easy ways to put in a new gardens and build healthy soil without synthetic fertilizers.
- Planning and optimizing an orchard even if you don't have a lot of property or aren't on your permanent location.
- Growing elderberries and citrus in a Northern Climate from expert gardener and beekeeper Seth Smith.
Ticket is for one adult and includes a delicious, from-scratch lunch on the farm and a coveted packet of heirloom Tarheel green bean seed that Melissa's family has been seed-saving for over 100 years.
This is a get-your-hands-dirty workshop. You'll be in the garden learning how to maximize growing space and reduce disease in a rainy climate using vertical gardening and companion planting to increase the harvest. There will be a very limited amount of elderberry plants and fruit trees available for purchase.
Workshop will be held rain or shine. All ticket sales are final, no refunds.