Easy Homemade Crackers in 5 Minutes
Quick and easy homemade crackers in just five minutes? YES, PLEASE! This healthy cracker recipe, made with a variety of herbs and seasonings, comes together in just five minutes of hands-on time.
- 1 1/4 cups flour whole wheat, fresh ground, or all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika regular paprika works fine, too
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit
Measure out dry ingredients into large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until it looks like pea sized clumps. Add in water and honey, stir until just combined.
Lightly flour a baking sheet or stone. Roll dough out on it. Use a pizza cutter and cut into desired shapes. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake for 10 minutes!
- If you don’t roll the cracker dough thin enough, they won’t be crunchy, but still delectable.
- The edges will be thinner, remove them and bake remaining crackers for another 2 minutes.
- Leave crackers on baking sheet to cool, they’ll crisp up as they cool
- To make these a soaked traditional recipe, add 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar to the recipe and let sit for 8 to 12 hours before rolling out.