Vintage Recipe: Honey Banana Cake
This banana honey cake is deliciously moist with the bananas and honey, making it favorite anytime of day.
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
Beat together the butter and honey until smooth.
Beat in eggs.
Stir in lemon juice, bananas, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until combined.
Pour into greased pan and cook at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add in honey and salt. Spread over cake.
- To make these into cupcakes, pour into greased or lined cupcake tins and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.