Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake without Jello
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar I use raw organic cane sugar
- 1 scoop 2 and 1/2 teaspoons gelatin I use this brand of gelatin that's from grass fed cattle and no fillers
- 1 cup cold water
- Homemade Cake Mix
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour we'll turn it into cake flour below
- 3 Tablespoons organic non-GMO corn starch use 2 Tablespoons in the bottom of your cup, then spoon full with flour, use 1 Tablespoon for the 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place rhubarb and sliced strawberries in pan, sprinkle sugar over it, then evenly sprinkle the gelatin over top.
Thoroughly mix your dry cake ingredients together and sprinkle evenly over rhubarb. Pour your 1 cup water over all of this and dot with 3 tablespoons chopped butter. Don’t stir!
Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve this warm by itself, or add a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. My husband says the rhubarb counts as a vegetable and eats it for breakfast, too.