Turkey and Dumplings Recipe
- 1 to 2 cups turkey or chicken
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic grow your own
- 2 cups of chicken broth or your own stock preferably organic
- 2 cups chopped veggies of your choice frozen work well
- Dumplings the original recipe was half this, but I love dumplings & always doubled it, so I rewrote it this way
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil your choice, lard, melted organic butter, olive or coconut are my choices, vegetable oil is chock full of GMO’s and not used in our kitchen
Put vegetables and meat in a Dutch oven. Cover with broth or stock, bring to a simmer.
Combine dumpling ingredients and stir together until it forms a sticky dough. When vegetables are cooked half way, drop dumplings by the spoonful on top of your soup-dough will be sticky. Lightly simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on, this will cook the top of the dumpling. Then, simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off.