- 1 cup coconut oil (you can use butter or 1/2 butter and 1/2 coconut oil)
- 1 cup sugar (I only use raw organic cane sugar to avoid GMO’s)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour (soft white wheat or all purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 4 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease tins. Beat eggs, coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla together. Cream in lemon zest, yogurt, and milk. Mix dry ingredients together and blend with liquids. Add berries at the end.
- Cream together cream cheese, lemon, and sugar. Fill greased muffins tins half way with batter. Spoon a large teaspoon into center of batter. Top with remaining batter, completely covering cream cheese.Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then take a little bite of heaven.