- 2 ½ cups warm water
- 3 Tablespoons sugar or honey (I use organic evaporate cane juice sugar)
- 3 Tablespoons yeast
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, melted butter or coconut oil
- 6 cups flour (I use half spelt and half organic hard white wheat freshly ground at home)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mixture
- Stir water, yeast, and sugar together. Leave for a few minutes until it becomes frothy on top. Add oil, flour, salt and baking powder and mix well. Remember to always use glass, wooden, or plastic bowls and spoons when making bread. Metal inhibits the yeast from rising properly.
- Knead for 5 minutes on floured surface. Form half of dough into a loaf. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Italian herb mixture (or herbs of your choice) onto dough and knead until mixed. Form rolls and place on a pizza stone. Bake rolls at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.