These blueberry zucchini muffins are a healthy version featuring applesauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cups raw sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, spelt, or soft white wheat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 to 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Cream together eggs, applesauce, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Fold in zucchini. Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Stir in blueberries. Grease muffin tins and loaf pans. Pour into pans. Sprinkle with raw sugar crystals.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven. Muffins for 18 to 20 minutes and loaves 40 minutes. Pull out just when set, check center with toothpick. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes in pan then finish cooling on wire rack.
If you have picky eaters, shred the zucchini in a food processor until it’s almost pulverized and they won’t know it’s in there!
Keywords: blueberry zucchini muffins, blueberry muffins, healthy zucchini muffins with applesauce