- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pint canned salmon (or 2 six ounce drained canned salmon from the store)
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 egg (farm fresh if best)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Put kale and water in a small pot. Bring water to boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes then drain.
- Put a small amount of lard, butter, or coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over low medium heat.
- Mix the kale with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. With your hands, form 6 patties. Fry for about 3 minutes on each side. Place on plate and enjoy!