Quick and easy homemade crackers in just five minutes? YES, PLEASE! This healthy cracker recipe, made with a variety of herbs and seasonings, comes together in just five minutes of hands-on time.
- 1 1/4 cups flour (whole wheat, fresh ground, or all-purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (regular paprika works fine, too)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit
- Measure out dry ingredients into large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until it looks like pea sized clumps. Add in water and honey, stir until just combined.
- Lightly flour a baking sheet or stone. Roll dough out on it. Use a pizza cutter and cut into desired shapes. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes!
- If you don’t roll the cracker dough thin enough, they won’t be crunchy, but still delectable.
- The edges will be thinner, remove them and bake remaining crackers for another 2 minutes.
- Leave crackers on baking sheet to cool, they’ll crisp up as they cool
- To make these a soaked traditional recipe, add 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar to the recipe and let sit for 8 to 12 hours before rolling out.